Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ummmm...can you say 'Trouble'

What other word would you use to describe the girls from college getting together with their spouses (and one soon to be spouse)?
Finally, after much trying - Becky & Bob, Pritee & Anthony, Nicky & Kevin, and Carol & Michael all came over for dinner on March 8th...Actually the more amazing feat then all of us getting together was that I actually pulled it together! I landed the night before from a business trip to Dominica - was surprised by my awesomely romantic husband at the airport and cooked a full meal the next night.
Though with us, its not really the food that matters, its the company. I was reminded of this during the evening when I went into the kitchen (for what - who knows?) and heard the raucous laughter from the dining room. I smiled...reminisced a little...and got this warm feeling of being surrounded by my 2nd family - these amazing people whom I've been blessed to meet and keep close in my life.
We weren't just getting together, but were also celebrating! Meeting Michael for the first time was great - he and Carol will be wed this fall. He fit right in and was firing one liners back at us in no time. Good job Michael and welcome to the family :)

Also celebrating the impending arrival of the wee baby B or B-squared as I like to call Nicky and Kevin's not yet arrived child. This will be a great moment in the lives of a truly wonderful couple who will be incredibly loving parents. Also this moment makes me feel old....we're adding a whole new generation to our GFAW :)
Remember - babies are always welcome at our dinner parties...we're getting of an age where we cant exclude them...and c'mon - who doesnt want a little cute one running around to serve cheesecake at the end of the night? I should really buy that baby an apron ;)

No comments: