Monday, April 14, 2008

When I find myself in times of trouble... Let it be

Yes, yes I know I skipped a line there but its not really relevant to what I'm trying to say.
The past week and half have been a blur, a flash, and most of it filled with moments that we'd rather forget...or at the very least move past as if they had been a bad dream concocted in the outer regions of our minds.

There are those of you, our family and friends that are so close they are LIKE family - who know the story. For those that don't, it is a story that need not be repeated because with each utterance I lose some emotional energy. It is in times like these that we realize that there are people in the world who will never be content, never be whole, never have that light that shines in those that we keep close to us. And that, to me, is the saddest thing of all.

We've spent a lot of time praying like we've never prayed before. Don't get me wrong - I talk to God on all sorts of occassions but He (or She) knows that when the conversation comes fast and furious and with a fervor and intensity unlike before...well, I like to think that those are the prayers that get pushed closer to the top of the "listen" pile.

It's in times like these that the strength and vitality of my marriage becomes clear. Eric and I go through life each day like most couples - loving, laughing, fighting, and making up. But with us, when the going gets tough - there is no conversation - no game plan - no strategy. We are like a Swiss made timepiece - like a precision military machine - and in perfect concert we execute a plan that was never spoken - always right - and we know how to shift and change with the other's decisions. It's amazing to me to step outside of it and recognize the amazing relationship we have. And when all is said and done, and we're laying in bed at night, the best comfort we have is in the knowledge that we will hopefully ALWAYS be this way.

We're quickly approaching our first anniversary and I think that Eric and I have had a first year wrought with more tough times than most other couples. (at least I hope for everyone else's sake that that is true!) And yet, we're always looking at all of the AMAZING things that we have in our lives and we know that we're blessed for it.

And when the night is cloudy
There is still a light that shines on me
Shine on until tomorrow, let it be...

No comments: