Saturday, July 28, 2007

"I will never be the woman with the perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it." Carrie, Sex and The City

But I can try damn hard :)
This week seemed longer than the rest and I cant explain exactly why. It was one of those weeks wrought with emotion, difficult decisions, unnecessary turmoil and late nights.

As I continue to enjoy and learn at my new position in my career, I struggle to be the best I can be in the workplace....
As I enjoy being married to the love of my life, I work hard at not making the same mistakes twice and being the best wife I can be...
As I love and laugh with good friends and family, I try to hold it together for them in times of hardship but sometimes....just sometimes...you have to let it all out.

And this was certainly a week of letting it all out! But from that comes good conversations, reference points, and a renewed look at things. I sit here, at the end of the week and think about how lucky I am...I have a wonderful loving husband who makes me laugh and I truly truly enjoy spending time with, I have a caring & supportive family and multitude of good friends who are my extended family. We have a home, two oh so cute dogs, great careers, and all that "good stuff" that comes with being content.

Why the reflection? :) Because as Eric and I continue our home renovations and continue to strive for the best at work and manage our personal lives - you sometimes realize it can all be overwhelming. So, yesterday - our two month and one day anniversary - we really looked at how great things are....Just great. And so, for those of you coming over next Saturday for our bbq - if there's a pile of mail on the table and I dont care about it - it's because I'm just happy to be surrounded by family and friends.

But no one said we'd stop trying to have it all ;)

No comments: