Saturday, July 21, 2007

He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present than the living man. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Early Thursday morning the world lost an amazing man. Laz Pappas, father of my dear Stephanie Pappas-Kenyon and her brothers Mark and Paul, passed away this week.

I suppose I could write something flowery about life... but something is stopping me - I'll just say this -

Laz was a wonderful, vibrant and loving husband, father, and grandfather. He was that truly good person that you recognize as being soulful the moment you meet him. His passing is a surprise to all of us....

The pain I feel for this loss is tempered by the joyful memories I have of Laz from January 7, 2006....the day his little girl married a wonderful man. Remembering his exuberance and absolute happiness on that day brings a smile to my face. And that is the picture that I will keep in my memory.

I think she knows, but I'll say it again, I'm here for you - for the things you need and the things you dont need (yes, that means chicken fingers and fries) - for love, support, and laughter. I am always here for you - good times and bad. Much love.

No comments: