Wednesday, June 27, 2007

If you can make it there you'll make it anywhere!





That's right folks, it's 'ol New York. Eric and I had a wonderful dinner cruise to attend as part of my company's "thank you" to its staff for having a wonderful and productive year! Isn't it nice to be appreciated?

It was a nice excuse for us to get dressed up and walk around Chelsea Piers before the cruise left and once on board we spent some time with friends/co-workers and truly enjoyed our evening.

The previous day I was lamenting to a co-worker that I had such a busy Saturday planned...a meeting in the morning and then we had planned on attending Spencer's graduation party prior to heading into the city but another situation got a hold of us!


In any event, we chatted about laundry and cleaning and bills - and on Saturday morning as I had a melt down over not being able to organize the bills right then and there - my husband (oh my lovely husband) said "Just stop" :) and he smiled and held me tight. And what I had preached the day before to my co-worker was finally holding true. The days that Eric and I will look back upon in our life together will be the days of a somewhat messy house and bills but a lot of love and a LOT of laughter...and just being together. It reminds me of Erma Bombeck's short writing about using the good china on ordinary days because each day is a special occassion....and she is right.


So we left the bills and laundry aside, and tended to our souls and fed them - with love, laughs, good friends and a little wine.






****

No comments: