Monday, August 20, 2007

There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be

Especially when you're with the one you love. Eric and I headed to Annapolis for the weekend. We took advantage of an opportunity to take a beautiful weekend away before the summer slowly drifted into fall.

So on Friday we dropped our "girls" at their Pop's house (read: Ginger and Morgen went to stay with their fan club - Eric's parents) and hopped in the car for the ride down to Annapolis. With me as navigator and Eric as pilot we made a fine team....until we hit the NJ Turnpike....at which point the navigator took a nap. For those of you who have been in the car (or plane or train or...anywhere) with me for an extended period of time you know that me sleeping in a car is as regular as the sun sets and rises. No surprises here.

We had booked a lil bed and breakfast called the Annapolitan right on West St and it was so cute. Our room was the entire 3rd floor - dubbed the Beacon Suite and once checked in we decided it was time for dinner! (also for those of you who have spent more than 10 minutes with me - you know I travel with snacks and hate to miss a meal!)




So based on our friend Sean's recommendation we went right down the street to The Ram's Head for the best light German beer (brewed on the premises) and onion rings that money could buy!







After dinner we took a loooonnngggg walk around Annapolis, just enjoying people watching till the sun went down....



Luckily, Saturday was beautiful and we took advantage of the warm weather (along with all the other tourists) and took a bay cruise and did some more walking. Later in the day we drove back across the Bay Bridge to Red Eye's Dock & Bar where Eric and I visited when in Annapolis/Kent Island for the RU v. Navy game last year. We had a blast sitting out by the water and just chatting and laughing.












Our drive back on Sunday was one with lots of rain and traffic but mostly laughs....that's the great thing about the two of us. No matter where we are - when we're there together...it's exactly where we're supposed to be. And weekends like this - filled with a lot of relaxing nothingness (you like that word dont you?) really helped us to unwind and gain a good perspective for the end of summer.


Fall - I think we're ready for ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've stood on mountaintops overlooking the Caribbean, I've traveled to my ancestral homeland, I've sampled the finest food and drink...and I now have fulfilled another lifelong dream: I've been mentioned in this blog.

-Sean, Recommender of the Ram's Head